Download Dr. Rath's Open Letter (PDF, 101 KB)
NO AMNESTY FOR THE MAKERS OF DEADLY DRUGS
Largely unbeknownst to the American people, there is a war going on that has claimed victims in every family.This war is escalating and threatens every human life. It is a war being waged in the interests of the multibillion-dollar pharmaceutical industry, which is not a health industry, but rather an investment business built upon the continuation and expansion of global diseases. Your health - and the health of every person in America - is threatened in several ways:
- The “business with disease” as the basis of the pharmaceutical industry. The pharmaceutical industry is a multibillion-dollar investment business that has orchestrated the largest fraud in human history; it promises health, but in fact thrives on the continuation of diseases.This fraud scheme is easily unmasked: Most pharmaceutical drugs are designed to merely cover disease symptoms, but are not intended to cure or eradicate diseases. As a direct result of this multibillion-dollar fraud business, no cure has been found for cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes or any other chronic disease. On the contrary, these diseases continue in epidemic proportions, killing about 5,000 - five thousand - Americans EACH DAY. This compares to the annihilation of a city the size of San Francisco - EACH YEAR!
- The epidemic of dangerous side effects caused by pharmaceutical drugs. The dangerous side effects of Vioxx, Celebrex, Lipitor and Prozac are not the exception - they are the rule. Due to their synthetic nature, most pharmaceutical drugs are toxic to our bodies, causing organ damage and other serious side effects. According to the American Medical Association, one million Americans suffer disabilities from taking pharmaceutical drugs and more than 100,000 of them die as a result of this - EACH YEAR!
- Legislation that protects the expansion of the deadly “business with disease.” For decades, drug companies have used their giant profits to manipulate the public
and influence legislation, including that from the U.S. Congress and the White House. Now that the deadly consequences of the pharmaceutical fraud business
have been unmasked, the survival of this industry depends on protectionist laws. The current push of the Bush administration for so-called “Medical Liability
Reform” is not about protecting gynecologists and medical doctors from liability lawsuits. The centerpiece of the proposed medical liability legislation is to prohibit
punitive damage awards in liability lawsuits brought by injured patients against drug companies!
This medical liability legislation is being used as a cover to grant amnesty to drug manufacturers, protecting them from having to compensate millions of patients for the harm their drugs have caused. It is payback for the pharmaceutical industry, which was the largest corporate sponsor of the Bush election campaign. The people of America and their political representatives have to realize that the proposed medical liability legislation is a “Trojan Horse”; passing it means granting immunity to the drug makers, allowing them the unrestricted expansion of their deadly “business with disease” at the expense of patients. As the direct consequence of this law, tens of millions of Americans will suffer disability and die from preventable diseases within the next decades.
- Withholding lifesaving information about the health benefits of vitamins and natural therapies. A precondition for this “business with disease” based on patentable synthetic drugs is the suppression of effective and safe - but non-patentable and, therefore, less profitable - natural therapies. For decades, the pharmaceutical industry has strategically expanded its influence on medical education with devastating results; it has deliberately blocked any information about the essential role of vitamins and other micronutrients in maintaining health - contained in every textbook of biology, biochemistry and natural science - from entering medical school teaching and medical practice. Through their strategic influence, the pharmaceutical industry has established a global monopoly on medicine. As a direct result, generations of medical doctors have not received adequate training in nutritional and other natural therapies. Doctors and patients alike have become victims of the pharmaceutical industry's efforts to monopolize human health. As a result, tens of millions of Americans have died unnecessarily over the past decades because this lifesaving health information has not been available to them.
- Suppressing effective natural health therapies by law. Effective, safe and non-patentable natural therapies threaten the very basis of the pharmaceutical investment business.They target and correct the underlying cellular deficiencies of today’s most common diseases, thereby preventing and eventually eradicating them. The elimination of any disease inevitably destroys a multibillion-dollar drug market for the pharmaceutical industry. Thus, the pharmaceutical industry has launched a global campaign to protect its patent-based “business with disease” by outlawing natural, non-patentable therapies at the national and international level.This is the background for the Bush administration's attack on the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA), the key legislation protecting the rights of the American people for free access to natural therapies and to freedom of health choice. If this fundamental human right to natural health is taken away, the health of billions of people will be compromised and tens of millions of them will pay the ultimate price for generations to come.
Let your voice be heard by signing the Petition here.
- The Perils of Polypharmacy: Taking More Pharma Drugs Increases Risk of Death
- Federal pain panel rife with links to pharma companies
- Seralini paper claiming GMO toxicity disappears after journal domain expires
- Antidepressants can raise the risk of suicide, biggest ever review finds
- Low folate in early pregnancy linked with poorer cognition in children later
- Fatty acids from GM oilseed crops could replace fish oil