Codex — The Greatest Threat to Health
The Codex Alimentarius Commission (Codex) will come to be seen by future generations as the greatest threat to the basic human right of health the world has ever known. Never before in history has a special interest group, the pharmaceutical industry, so shamelessly tried to compromise the health of billions of people for no other reason than its desire to maintain multi-billion dollar markets for prescription drugs.
Codex was established under the heavy influence of the pharmaceutical industry in 1963, following resolutions passed at the Eleventh Session of the Conference of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in 1961 and at the Sixteenth World Health Assembly in 1963, as a standard setting body for global food regulations. From its very beginnings, Codex has been manipulated by corporate interests in the global pharmaceutical and food markets.
In the wake of the recent Vioxx scandal (and earlier scandals such as Baycol ) and in a last desperate attempt to delay its own demise under an avalanche of lawsuits, the pharma-cartel is trying to use its influence within Codex to set standards that will outlaw all non-patentable natural therapies threatening its global markets for patentable, synthetic drugs.
It is clear that the effects of the implementation of these standards (called the: ‘Codex Guidelines for Vitamin and Mineral Food Supplements’) would include:
- Removal of access to a large number of the most effective forms of safe micronutrients
- The prevention of sale of all natural supplements without a doctor’s prescription
- Delivery of human healthcare exclusively into the hands of the pharmaceutical industry
- Consequent increases in unnecessary deaths from diseases that should long ago have been eradicated and from the side effects of the drugs themselves
In contrast to the proposed Guidelines, the Dr. Rath Health Foundation applauds the position taken by some delegations at last year’s Codex meeting to support open access to natural health remedies, instead of restricting access. We have campaigned for many years for the right to:
- Unrestricted access to information about the health benefits of vitamins and other natural therapies as the key to a long and healthy life without risks
- Dissemination of life-saving natural health information worldwide so that every human being has the chance to gain control over his/her health
- The eradication of cardiovascular disease, cancer and many other of today’s common health problems via scientifically proven, safe, effective and affordable natural remedies.
Any ban on natural remedies would mean the continuation of common diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular disease almost indefinitely and result in the unnecessary deaths of many more millions of people worldwide.
YOU AND EVERYONE YOU KNOW has a vital part to play in opposing the Codex plans.
Every visitor to this webpage should do two things, NOW:
- Our Study Proves That Heart Disease Is Linked To Vitamin C Deficiency
- New study proves heart failure drug digoxin INCREASES risk of death: The time to consider natural alternatives is NOW!
- The Benefits of Micronutrients in Heart Failure
- Accuracy of articles on Wikipedia: Serious questions continue to be raised
- Study finds women who consume fish-liver oil in adolescence or midlife have reduced risk of coronary heart disease when older
- PRESS RELEASE: End of heart disease now possible – New study proves atherosclerosis is early form of scurvy
- New study shows supplements of B vitamins and omega-3 can stop development of Alzheimer’s disease