Codex — The Greatest Threat to Health
The Codex Alimentarius Commission (Codex) will come to be seen by future generations as the greatest threat to the basic human right of health the world has ever known. Never before in history has a special interest group, the pharmaceutical industry, so shamelessly tried to compromise the health of billions of people for no other reason than its desire to maintain multi-billion dollar markets for prescription drugs.
Codex was established under the heavy influence of the pharmaceutical industry in 1963, following resolutions passed at the Eleventh Session of the Conference of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in 1961 and at the Sixteenth World Health Assembly in 1963, as a standard setting body for global food regulations. From its very beginnings, Codex has been manipulated by corporate interests in the global pharmaceutical and food markets.
In the wake of the recent Vioxx scandal (and earlier scandals such as Baycol ) and in a last desperate attempt to delay its own demise under an avalanche of lawsuits, the pharma-cartel is trying to use its influence within Codex to set standards that will outlaw all non-patentable natural therapies threatening its global markets for patentable, synthetic drugs.
It is clear that the effects of the implementation of these standards (called the: ‘Codex Guidelines for Vitamin and Mineral Food Supplements’) would include:
- Removal of access to a large number of the most effective forms of safe micronutrients
- The prevention of sale of all natural supplements without a doctor’s prescription
- Delivery of human healthcare exclusively into the hands of the pharmaceutical industry
- Consequent increases in unnecessary deaths from diseases that should long ago have been eradicated and from the side effects of the drugs themselves
In contrast to the proposed Guidelines, the Dr. Rath Health Foundation applauds the position taken by some delegations at last year’s Codex meeting to support open access to natural health remedies, instead of restricting access. We have campaigned for many years for the right to:
- Unrestricted access to information about the health benefits of vitamins and other natural therapies as the key to a long and healthy life without risks
- Dissemination of life-saving natural health information worldwide so that every human being has the chance to gain control over his/her health
- The eradication of cardiovascular disease, cancer and many other of today’s common health problems via scientifically proven, safe, effective and affordable natural remedies.
Any ban on natural remedies would mean the continuation of common diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular disease almost indefinitely and result in the unnecessary deaths of many more millions of people worldwide.
YOU AND EVERYONE YOU KNOW has a vital part to play in opposing the Codex plans.
Every visitor to this webpage should do two things, NOW:
- In Praise Of Garlic And Lemon Juice, And Recalling The 2009 Coup D’état In South Africa
- Reduction in the Frequency of Arrhythmic Episodes in Patients with Paroxysmal Atrial Arrhythmia with a Vitamin/Essential Nutrient Program
- European Consumer Lobby Group BEUC Exposed: Supported By Currency Speculator George Soros And The Brussels EU
- Starvation on a full stomach
- The Global Healthcare Crisis Isn’t Due To Lack Of Funding, But To Ineffective Therapies
- World Heart Day 2016: Promoting The Illusion That Deaths From Cardiovascular Diseases Can Be Prevented With Drugs
- The Importance of Minerals in Optimum Function of the Heart and other Muscles
- Choline and betaine may counter insulin resistance: Study
- Fighting for a daughter’s life
- Microsoft Claims It Will ‘Solve’ Cancer Within 10 Years, But Omits To Mention Its Primary Cause
- Could DHA supplements during pregnancy boost attention in children?