November 02, 2009
The protection of our health is one of the most fundamental human rights; and yet, every year, millions of people around the world die from preventable health problems such as heart attacks, strokes and cancer. Scientific findings have shown that these diseases, and many others, can be prevented using side-effect free natural remedies. Over 10,000 studies have been published in scientific journals, most of which are accessible online. These findings are being ignored, and even actively attacked, for one reason only: They threaten the multi-billion dollar business with patented pharmaceutical drugs. To protect their lucrative global markets, the chemical/pharmaceutical multinationals are abusing national governments and even international organizations, such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations. As a result, the WHO and FAO are co-sponsoring the so-called “Codex Alimentarius Commission”, which is trying to draw up global standards to protect the interests of these multinationals. One of the key Codex committees behind these efforts, the so-called Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses, is meeting this week in Düsseldorf, Germany, from 2 to 6 November.
- Reputation matters: Why the rift between pharma and patients is ballooning
- Putting war before human health: World’s weekly military expenditure exceeds annual cost of ending global hunger
- India mulls reclassifying vitamins as drugs if they come with health claims
- Fruit and vegetables aren't only good for a healthy body – they protect your mind too
- The Benefits of Micronutrients in Non-Melanoma Skin Cancers
- Don’t be distracted by the $750 pharma pill scandal: Drugs won’t solve the global healthcare crisis – at ANY price!