High Blood Pressure
Effect of oral pyridoxine hydrochloride supplementation on arterial blood pressure in patients with essential hypertension.
Aybak M; Sermet A; Ayyildiz MO; Karakilcik AZ
Arzneimittelforschung 1995 Dec;45(12):1271-3
The purpose of this study was to test the effect of vitamin B6 (pyridoxine-HCl, CAS 58-56-0) supplementation on arterial blood pressure in essential hypertension. The trial comprised 9 normotensive subjects (7 men and 2 women, aged between 32-58 years; mean +/- SD, 48 +/- 11) and 20 patients with essential hypertension (16 men and 4 women, aged between 32-69 years; mean +/- SD, 56 +/- 12). The patients were treated during 4 weeks with a single oral dose of pyridoxine (5 mg/kg body weight/day). After a 5-min rest, measurements were made in the supine position. When compared with the normotensive subjects, the hypertensive subject group had a significantly higher systolic and diastolic blood pressure (p < 0.001) and higher level of plasma norepinephrine (NE) (p < 0.01) before pyridoxine treatment. On the other hand, there were no significant differences in plasma epinephrine (E) and heart rates. Treatment of hypertensive patients with pyridoxine significantly reduced systolic (p < 0.01) and diastolic blood pressure (p < 0.005), plasma NE (p < 0.005) and E (p < 0.05) within 4 weeks. However, there was no significant difference in heart rate at the end of pyridoxine treatment. These results indicate a relationship between pyridoxine status and arterial blood pressure in the essential hypertensive patients.
- Death Of David Rockefeller At 101: Media Obituaries Ignore His Central Role In Bilderberg Group
- Study Finds High-Dose B Vitamins Have Protective Effect Against Air Pollution
- LESSONS FROM HISTORY: Thomas Müntzer – Violent Revolution Is Never The Answer
- The Importance of Micronutrients for Healthy Hair
- MORE Bad News For Pharma: Bisphosphonate Drugs For Osteoporosis WEAKEN Bones!
- Worldwide Studies Show High-Dose B Vitamins Reduce Schizophrenia Symptoms
- U.S. Department Of Defense Revealed To Be Editing Wikipedia