ASTHMA AND SELENIUM
"Selenium Status is Decreased in Patients With Intrinsic Asthma"Kadrabova, Jana, et al, Biological Trace Element Research, 1996;52: 241-248.
This study evaluated selenium in the plasma and erythrocytes, and erythrocyte glutathione peroxidase activity, in 22 intrinsic asthma patients compared to 33 controls. Selenium concentrations in the plasma and erythrocytes, and glutathione peroxidase activity were decreased in intrinsic asthma patients. There was a significantly high correlation between plasma and erythrocyte selenium concentrations in asthmatics when looking at all subjects as a whole.
- Study Finds High-Dose B Vitamins Have Protective Effect Against Air Pollution
- LESSONS FROM HISTORY: Thomas Müntzer – Violent Revolution Is Never The Answer
- The Importance of Micronutrients for Healthy Hair
- MORE Bad News For Pharma: Bisphosphonate Drugs For Osteoporosis WEAKEN Bones!
- Worldwide Studies Show High-Dose B Vitamins Reduce Schizophrenia Symptoms
- U.S. Department Of Defense Revealed To Be Editing Wikipedia