ASTHMA AND SELENIUM
"Selenium Status is Decreased in Patients With Intrinsic Asthma"Kadrabova, Jana, et al, Biological Trace Element Research, 1996;52: 241-248.
This study evaluated selenium in the plasma and erythrocytes, and erythrocyte glutathione peroxidase activity, in 22 intrinsic asthma patients compared to 33 controls. Selenium concentrations in the plasma and erythrocytes, and glutathione peroxidase activity were decreased in intrinsic asthma patients. There was a significantly high correlation between plasma and erythrocyte selenium concentrations in asthmatics when looking at all subjects as a whole.
- Brussels EU Regulators Blatantly Ignoring Toxic Effects Of Pesticide Cocktails In Foods
- International Tribunal Accuses Monsanto Of Committing ‘Ecocide’
- Who Knows What’s Best For Your Children? You? Or The Government?
- Long-Term Use Of Antibiotics May Raise Risk Of Bowel Cancer
- Demise Of The Brussels EU Moves Closer: UK Government Issues Formal Notice Of Intention To Leave
- Death Of David Rockefeller At 101: Media Obituaries Ignore His Central Role In Bilderberg Group
- Study Finds High-Dose B Vitamins Have Protective Effect Against Air Pollution